Just to jog my memory, my goals were to focus on reclaiming my health and develop my writing skills. Because we are at the half-way point this year, I want to take a quick look at my New Year’s resolutions and see if any of them need tweaking.
I’m sorry to report that my weight has not decreased at all this year. But then again, it hasn’t increased any, either. I continue to blog, my book is inching along and I have decided to start a small freelance business if/when that ever gets done.
1. Continue the weight loss journey with Weight Watchers. I would like to lose 1.5 pounds a week to get to my goal of 145 by December 31. ***UPDATE*** Not gonna happen. I am almost the exact same weight I was at Christmas. Re-evaluating my eating habits because that is my biggest downfall.
2. Enroll in and run three 5Ks. To reach that I will continue to run three times a week for 2-3 miles so long as my back allows it. ***UPDATE*** Still running. Decided to do 5Ks in the fall when it is cooler.
3. Get out of the house once a month to attend a cultural event: art exhibit, first Fridays, concerts, lectures, whatever. It gets me out of the house in spite of my introverted tendencies and enriches me artistically. ***UPDATE*** One art show and four concerts. Must decide on an event at the beginning of every month.
4. Visit a different church every 2-3 weeks in the quest to find a new church home. It would be nice if it had a solid singles’ ministry seeing as that is where I am in life. ***UPDATE*** I am modifying that to once a month. Have done five churches so fat.
5. Continue to blog twice a week. ***UPDATE*** With a few exceptions, this has been accomplished.
6. Finish my first book documenting my year in the convent and figure out a way to market it. ***UPDATE*** I just finished my first draft this week, which is basically writing notes from my primary source material.
7. Volunteer grant writing for a local women’s homeless shelter. ***UPDATE*** I am helping out and enjoying my work with the group. Very fulfilling.
8. Listen to two to four podcasts a week in my car to improve my general knowledge. ***UPDATE*** I actually listen to ten a week.
9. Keep taking Financial Peace University until I pay off my car and am 100% DEBT FREE!!! ***UPDATE*** I got totally derailed from my huge tax bill. Watching my budget very closely and back on goal. Will be 100% debt-free by this time next year!!!
So to sum it up, I need to continue doing what I’m doing, but push harder to write the book, watch what/how much I eat and stay focused on my budget. I have far to go but I am proud of the strides I have made thus far and I will keep on keeping on!!!