Well, I’ve blown out the candles on the proverbial cake. I’m another year older and I’ve passed from my “early 30s” to my “mid 30s.” I’m not sure how I feel about that. I’m still single 😦 and no prospects for a “gentleman friend” in sight. 😦
Actually, I take that back. This has been a pretty KICK ASS year because I left the teaching job in the state I hated and moved back closer to my family in my home state. I took up running, I’ve lost about 25 pounds so far, and I am happier and healthier than I’ve been, well, ever! I eat better, sleep better, take less antidepressants and exercise more. I also paid off my credit card and only have about $6,500 left to pay off on my car before I am totally debt-free. I enjoy my 40-hour-a-week job and have time to devote to getting, having and keeping a life outside of work!
Yeah, this year has pretty much kicked ass. If my only complaint is that I’m single, I think I’m doing pretty damn good. I need to remember that and be grateful for all the blessings in this season of my life! ❤
A few other kick-ass people who share my birthday—
- Alfred Nobel—Inventor of dynamite and founder of the eponymous prize
- Dizzy Gillespie—Father of be-bop and cheek-puffer extraordinaire
- Judith Sheindlin—Seriously, who doesn’t freaking love Judge Judy?!
- Benjamin Netanyahu—Kick-ass prime minister of Israel
- Carrie Fisher—aka Princess Leia and bun-wearer extraordinaire
- Kim Kardashian—Wait..she doesn’t kick ass! I do!